The Early Childhood Resource Center is grateful that so many community members are willing to volunteer their time and talents!
Volunteers are always needed to help plan the logistics of the major fundraiser and the women's luncheon. Committee meetings will be held once a month or as needed.
Interested? For more information, please call (330) 491-3272.
Support our Major Fundraiser
Sponsor levels are $1,250, $2,000, $3,000 and $5,000. If your company would like to be a sponsor, please visit the Donate page and select Support An Event. For more information, please contact Taylor Weaver at (330) 491-3272 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We extend special thanks to our presenting sponsor, PNC Foundation!
Continuing our commitment to supporting the education of early childhood professionals, the Early Childhood Resource Center is proud to host student interns who are enrolled in associate's or bachelor's degree programs. Internships are created based on the needs of the student as well as current needs of the Center. Hours are flexible to fit into school or work schedules. Internships are paid and unpaid positions that typically offer school credit.
Interns may have the opportunity to help with many different aspects of our operations, including:
- Work with the Professional Development Department as they provide resources for Child Care Centers
- Creative Activities
- Help organize themed activities for children
- Research and showcase ideascapes on our production lab bulletin boards
- Research and create file folder games for parents to use at home with their children
- Create signage for outreach programs
- Specialized Activities
- Work on lesson plans for the kindergarten readiness program
- Help with website content
- Help with social media or e-blasts
- Write copy for fundraising letters
- Organize, sort, and pack books for SPARK families
- Shadow Staff Members
- Early childhood specialists coach and mentor staff at child care centers
- SPARK parent partners visit family homes to help parent and child get ready for kindergarten
- The parent engagement coordinator delivers parenting classes at community centers and schools
Students enrolled in programs focusing on early childhood education, human development/family studies, marketing or communications are encouraged to apply at least three months prior to the internship semester. Please call Amy at 330-491-3272 to find out more.