The Early Childhood Resource Center is grateful that so many community members are willing to volunteer their time and talents! Volunteer opportunities can be tailored to fit your schedule and interests.
Volunteers are always needed to help plan the logistics of the major fundraiser and the women's luncheon. Committee meetings will be held once a month for one hour during lunch.
Interested? For more information, please contact Sandy Turner at (330) 491-3272 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Support our Major Fundraiser
Sponsor levels are $500, $1,250, $2,000, $3,000 and $5,000. If your company would like to be a sponsor, please visit the Donate page and select Support An Event. For more information, please contact Sandy Turner at (330) 491-3272 or email@example.com
A Special Thank You to PNC Foundation who is our presenting sponsor!
Continuing our commitment to supporting the education of early childhood professionals, the Early Childhood Resource Center is proud to host student interns who are enrolled in associate's or bachelor's degree programs. Internships are created based on the needs of the student as well as current needs of the Center. Hours are flexible to fit into school or work schedules. Internships are unpaid positions that typically offer school credit.
Interns may have the opportunity to help with many different aspects of our operations, including:
- Help with parent-child engagement sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings, or with storytimes (offered on the same days)
- Creative Activities
- Help organize themed activities for children
- Research and showcase ideascapes on our production lab bulletin boards
- Research and create file folder games for parents to use at home with their children
- Create signage for outreach programs
- Specialized Activities
- Help with website content
- Help with social media or e-blasts
- Write copy for fundraising letters
- Organize, sort, and pack books for SPARK families
- Shadow Staff Members
- Early Childhood Specialists coach and mentor staff at child care centers
- Parent Partners visit family homes to help parent and child get ready for kindergarten
- The Parent Engagement Coordinator brings parenting classes into community centers and schools
- The Development Director promotes the organization and meets with potential funders
- Cooperative Shadowing
- We can arrange for interns to shadow staff members at one of our partnering agencies
Students enrolled in programs focusing on early childhood education, human development/family studies, marketing or communications are encouraged to apply at least three months prior to the internship semester. Please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.